Skip to main content

Reply to "Sellathon"

quote:
why do we have to come here to get a response, instead of the Sellathon forum?

You should be posting in the sellathon forum. I'll close this thread after my post.
quote:
you knew all along that you were stripping out many of the features in the previous product.
eBay came to us in May telling us their new view item page domain split/description in an iframe was not working with our counters. We came to learn that these changes they had already implemented on eBay Motors and were testing in around 1-10% of listings essentially made the Sellathon service useless as it blocked pretty much every piece of data, except for the # of hits.

We immediately began working with them to make sure they provided us this data in their new description page. We have been lobbying them for several months and they have promised us that they will included the needed data in the new page, but now it's launched to 50% of motors and soon will be in 100% of motors and the normal eBay site and they have yet to provide that data. The put it in for a day back in June so it was very easy for them to add it and all the coding was done on their end. However they quickly stripped it out and have not put it back since.

It was at that time in June that we knew we needed to rewrite the site for many different reasons including this one. However we already had committed all our programs to our June eBay Live release which had them tied up through June. Around the last week of June or early July we began working on the rewrite of Sellthon, and had only about 6-7 weeks to pick the features we could given what eBay had promised, but with the knowledge they may not give us that. I invested a significant amount of money into a product that may be decapitated by eBay soon. And now you want me to put more into it adding these other features back? Lol. No.
quote:
creating new programs or apps without asking for customer / user input is kinda stupid
Not really. The intent was to rewrite the site and to include the features from the old site. However we were under time constraints given eBay's launch of the new description page which was to break Sellathon completely. We needed to put in as many features as quickly as we could. We needed to choose which to include at first and which not to. Which could be done quickly, and which would take more time.
quote:

oh.. or do you know more than the people that have been using the product for 4 or 5 years?
Yes. At least about the many things eBay was doing that shaped our decision making about how and what we did for the new Sellathon site.

quote:

I certainly hope the investors and/or stockholders know how much time, energy, and money has been wasted on this..
That would be me, and only me, and yes I do know.

If there is a feature you want you need to start a thread in the Sellathon site, such as the suggestions forum.

Starting on Monday 9/29 50% of eBay motors listings will no longer provide things such as keywords searched for, referring URL, search criteria or sort order, or any other things which we gather from a referring URL. Starting Monday 10/6 no eBay Motors listings will offer those. Unless of course eBay comes through on their promise to us.

Here is the blog post to the developer community about this domain split change going live:
http://developer.ebay.com/community/blog/article/?categ...domain-split-ro.html
Last edited by auctivajeff
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.