Skip to main content

Reply to ""Seller Guilty of 'Shill Bidding'""

Hi-

Seriously WHY would ebay want to catch shillers? They make more money by ignoring them. The higher the item sells for the more they make. I know I personally caught 4 before they changed and hid ID's. They shut all 4 of them down so know they were caught. They were sooo easy to catch back then. Two of them I baited telling them I knew they were shilling their own items and they admitted they did not want to take 99 cents or whatever for their items. I also caught one in Tennessee had his employees bidding on his items which was easy catch since they bid on EVERYTHING he had listed, I baited him and he admitted it. Ebay let him continue selling even though I sent them his note saying he was doing it! He is still selling and probably shilling today!

To me this is also a problem with ebay encouraging 99 cents listings by giving them frree. Sellers can't make money on 99 cent listings. They either have to shill their own items OR gouge on shipping in order to cover their fees, time, etc.

I am finding ebay lax in their rules all around now. I reported $50.00 ship rate on an item that costs less than 10.00 to ship within US. I reported 7 days each day of auction. Did this on other items too. Item closed and nothing done. They make the rules and to me encourage people to break them.

Of course, yes, I could get off if I do not like it, but I choose to stay because I make money there. I go where the money is even if the vendor does not enforce their rules.
Vickie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.