Skip to main content

Reply to "SELLERS ARE BEING "OVERCHARGE" ON POSTAGE!!!"

Michael,
Thank you, for taking the time for calling me.
First off, ignore my previous comments about having "Certified" or "Signature" restriction remove from Domestic First Class. I should have known better. Reason they provide "tracking" status on shipments, for without it there no way to know where item in transit.

Trinkets,
Thank you for your comments!
However, I know the differences between letter, large envelope and packages. What I did not understand at the time, but now I believe the reason why USPS shipping label show a higher rate then what stated on listing, packing slip and invoice.
For, I am no computer expert, but I believe the cause has something to do with data exchange between Auctiva, eBay and USPS for recently I noticed on "International" rate is higher than buyers had paid on their invoices. My domestic mailing does not seem to have issues, but I have so few items where buyer pays shipping for most are "Free Shipping". Maybe other sellers may know better.
Michael, I email over recent international transactions for you and your people to look them over. I believe
For, brevity sake here the short version and strongly recommend sellers check your past, and present "international" shipments transactions. What caught my eye was when I took apart a recent international transaction involving an Olympic pin weight 2 oz., going in "large envelope" to buyer living in Greece by First Class International. Very important point you need to remember mailed as "Regular" size envelope under postal regulations for if "Irregular" there additional charge. Actual cost (no buyer markup) $2.53, but when I separate transaction into six parts printing down Auctiva listing, eBay listing, packing slips, invoices then comparing one another right on the money, $2.53.

Whereas, eBay shipping label rate$3.45, why $.92 more than listings, packing slips and invoices?
Something very wrong here I cannot ask buyer to fork over the difference; especially, when their invoice it is $2.53! It was not until I visited USPS website plug in, my zip code 02575, Greece, 2oz, and Regular large envelope result: $2.53! Okay, why shipping label even more than USPS?
Remember I mentioned "important point" above about "size". For, I changed size from "Regular" to "Irregular" (can one or all three boxes same price) did small package, too result: $3.45 same as label!
Maybe it is a fluke so I repeated same steps as the first on another transaction. Same result label ignores envelope type just assumes package altogether had also resulted in "Irregular" rate was same as the shipping label. Info: Zip code: 02576, Canada, 4 oz, Large Envelope, Regular first then "Irregular" then "Package"
By now, it became obvious the listings, packing slips, and invoices show correct rate "Regular" size large envelope, but when it came to eBay shipping label, its rate was for "Irregular" or package size. I should also note in doing a shipping label for First Class International the only option one available is "Package" no letter or large envelope.
I came to the \conclusion that eBay shipping label considers regular large envelopes as "irregular" or ignores envelope size altogether to just determines it is a "Package" resulting seller paying a higher rate then what is call for.
Solution until fixed do not use eBay for shipping labels go to Auctiva instead, but very important to look not assume for the "incorrect" information carry over to theirs, too.

I hope I was clear enough for everyone to understand!

Thank you,

Len
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.