Skip to main content

Reply to "September 3 upgrade"

Auctiva claims to have adequately tested the "upgrade," which might better be termed a downgrade or a disaster -- and I say that at least for those of us who don't live in the United States, and consequently don't have the fastest Internet connections and might not have the extra $2000 to buy the latest high speed computer. The BETA version of the uploader was slow and Auctiva users pointed this out. Now we get an even slower uploader that won't allow the user to select the images he or she wants to upload. The only workaround I've found (since I received only a useless, patronizing "try it again" form response to my service request) is to move the images I want to upload into an empty file on my computer and then upload them en masse using the "select all" feature on the new, very slow uploader, while I go out for a coffee or a bio break. A simple solution (it seems to me) would be allow the user to select whether to use the old or new uploader. For me here in a major foreign city, the old uploader was efficient and trouble free. As I don't need to see images of what I am uploading, I'd never use the new turtle-job if only Auctiva had the sense to give me the option. Anyway, I'm tired of the prattle over who should say what to whom because Auctiva is "free." Some straight talk is needed from Auctiva.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.