Skip to main content

Reply to "SERIOUS Problem with new image uploader - HOURS to upload"

The answer I received from support, after everything was already working good....FWIW:

I just uploaded your image to your Auctiva account from my end. We just integrated the Auctiva Uploader into the listing creation page instead of the HTML Uploader that was there before, so I suspect that change is the reason you are having trouble uploading your images.

When you click one of the "Select an Image" buttons within your account and then click the blue "Upload" button, you should see the Auctiva Uploader interface with the folders on your computer displayed in a column on the right-hand side of the page. When you choose the folder your images are located in on that list, they should show in the area to the right.

If you drag the images you'd like to upload into the field below that or add then using the "Add" or "Add All" buttons and then click the "Upload" button on the bottom of the page, the images should be uploaded and you should be able to use them for your listings.

If you do not see the Auctiva Uploader interface when you click the "Upload" button, it is most likely that your browser is blocking the installation of the required Active X component, which should be installed automatically.

If this is indeed being blocked by Internet Explorer, you should see an information bar along the top of your browser saying that it is being blocked and you should be able to right-click that bar to agree to the installation. The following page of the Microsoft website shows what this will look like: [url] http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourself/downloads/activex.mspx[/url]

We have received some reports that the Active X component is not installing automatically as it should when the uploader is accessed from the listing creation page. If it is not working for you, please try clicking the “Upload Images” link under the “Images” tab within your account and then click the “Auctiva Uploader” link. If the Active X component properly installs from there, it should then work when you access it from the listing creation page.

If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your Auctiva account, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,

Auctiva Support
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.