Skip to main content

Reply to "Servers Moving Friday night 9pm"

Thanks for the kind words. I can assure you, we are working our tails off to make this happen. We have run through every scenario possible to make this as seamless as possible.. and I can assure you the best solution was to do maintenance last night.. and do the move tonight. We want to get these SUPER fast servers in our SUPER fast colo working by this weekend as we know how important weekends are for our sellers. Many of our staff are planning on working 24 hours today and tonight to get this done before Friday (in fact a bunch of them worked all last night in preparation). I don't think people realize what a monumental task it is to move the amount of equipment we have for our site.

Part of the move involves changes to the DNS, which as most people now takes time to propagate... so we had to start part of that task ahead of time, hence some issues this morning. We are doing some things to attempt to minimize the risk of downtime, but with something of this scale there WILL BE issues and downtime. But if everything goes as planned, and we are up on Friday, everyone will be happy with our performance this weekend.

Hang in there, and trust we are doing 100% of everything in our power to get this done and also are being completely open about the process.

Bill Belcamino
COO - Auctiva
Last edited by auctivabillb
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.