Skip to main content

Reply to "Servers Moving Friday night 9pm"

Elfin, you are allowed to think but just realize that Jeff and crew have been thinking about this for weeks.

I used to be in IT and a move of this size is not something for any company to be looking forward to. The amount of work involved is atrocious. And the possibilities of problems is endless.

Like Jeff said, just moving a server that has been running non-stop for 12 months is asking for trouble, not to mention the parts that can get shaken loose in transport and the trouble-shooting that unforseen problems can entail.

If they were to wait until 2 AM PST and then hit a glitch, we could see auctions down until 2 pm. That would not be a good thing on a Sat.

As for all the whiners, if you think you are having to work overtime due to the site problems, imagine what Jeff and crew are doing to bring us better service. I promise you , their work load is considerably greater at this time.

Auctiva is a great site. I think they are providing a terrific community service. And there ARE other auction host providers out there who will gladly take your money for their services.

For the people who want to complain about the level of service here, please try some of the other image hosting sites.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.