Skip to main content

Reply to "Servers Moving Friday night 9pm"

I appreciate this website a lot and have made some suggestions in the past that seem to have been put in place. I am looking forward to seeing how things work over the weekend. But like you say "Jeff and crew have been thinking about this for weeks" Then why not email us weeks in advance and say we are moving the servers on march 3rd if you don't want to experience interruptions or image outages that could result in loss of bids on your auctions ending that day plese don't schedule listings to end on this date." It's cut and dry. I don't think this is bad I just think it's bad planning and to have someone who calls himself the CEO of the company tell us to go elsewhere that makes me think it's all about him and not about us the people who are using the site.

The level of service here has been great I send a suggestion it gets put in place, I have a problem it's dealt with quickly. I don't have a problem with that at all. When this is all over will I still be here you betq I will. BUt like I said how would you or Jeff & Crew feel for one thing if you took the day off thinking "ok they will make the move and tomorrow will be a better day" only to find now you wasted a day and tomorrow isn't looking any better. Also How would Jeff and crew feel it "The New Datacenter" decided we need to move our servers around so we'll just take everyone offline to do that but we don't have to give any notice. I don't get to come on these boards very often and yes I see that it is posted at the top of this thread if you click that link but what is it so hard after they posted that notice to click Ctrl C (copy) then open their email address books and click Ctrl A (thats select all) paste the message in the email and send it. Then we all would have known about the move on 2/26. Plain simple nothing to cry about. I am not whinning too much and I am really not that upset and it sucks that I have to experss myself like this because I can come off as being angry and so can others.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.