Skip to main content

Reply to "Setting Up Shipping 101: HELP!"

quote:
Originally posted by Yore Antiques:
I'm going to sell antiques. Obviously I'm going to use variable rate shipping. But Auctiva's "Rate Table" makes little (if any) sense.

It wants to know:

Min Max Rate Percent

How on earth am I able to determine those factors before I even list a product for sale? Are there any other antique dealers or anyone dealing in miscellaneous merchandise that might be able to shed some light on this?? Should I be going with fixed Shipping instead of Variable Shipping?? This all seems so confusing. I mean it's only shipping, but it really is becoming rather complicated.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very, very grateful. Thanks so much!

Ryan
Yore Antiques
yoreantiques.auctivacommerce.com

I followed someone's advice I got late last week. I sell different types of items that are various sizes and various weights. Flat rate didn't make sense for my items, so I set up USPS shipping based off weight. For my first min, I put .01, for my max, I put 1 (as in .01 pounds and one pound). Then I put in the price for that based off the zip code (I used different zones for different states). The next line I put in 1.1 min and 2 max and the cost and so on. I did this for my Priority Mail items. The easiest is 1st class since anywhere in the US it costs the same under 13oz. For that one, I did .01 min and .06 for max (basically one ounce and under) and entered the price. The next one I did .07 min and .12 for max (just over one ounce to about two ounces). I wrote down these numbers so that I would know if an item I had weighed five ounces what number to put in for the weight. Hopefully this isn't confusing you---I tried to read through dforce1's response and got confused! I guess because I did it a different way, I didn't get it...This is the way I've heard several people are doing their shipping since most of us use USPS.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.