Skip to main content

Reply to "Shipping Insurance"

quote:
Originally posted by flashee:
I no longer offer insurance on purchases under $25.00, it was costing me $20.00 a week. Crazy! Why not offer a lower price option for folks that just get a 10.00 item or a $1.00 item. The insurance is costing me more than the product it self. I can't stay in business like that! The other sites are not selling at a dollar, they are selling at retail!!!! We are being forced to sell at cost and hope for the best. Now, they want to eat insurance cause the other sites include it! Which sites?? I'll self insure!!!! How do you like me now!!!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, I'm really very nice.

Sometimes it helps to vent!! Seriously, though, you are so right...how in the heck can small sellers or any seller of low price items make any profit if we now have to pay for the insurance. Since when is it the seller's responsibility to insure an item. If I buy something online anywhere else, I'm given the option to purchase insurance or not. So, why should eBay be any different? Hey all Auctiva members, I'd like to know what many of you plan to do. I'm at a loss right now how to go about this. Are we allowed to state in our listing that we DO NOT insure items under a certain price and make it clear that if the buyer wants to insure something under that price it is their responsibility to request it before paying so a new invoice can be sent with "REQUIRED" SHIPPING price included?????????
Jeanie B
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.