Skip to main content

Reply to "Shipping Insurance Changes - 9/9/09 Site Update"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Rebecca:
Hi!
With the new eBay release today, all insurance options (even if it's "included in S&H")are being automatically dropped from new listings by eBay. You can state in the item description that the item will be insured when shipped, but that's about it.

Keep in mind that this new policy makes sellers responsible for their items until they are in their customers' hands. Whether or not the sellers chooses to insure their packages is entirely up to them. Thus, there is no need to mention insurance to the buyers.

As a buyer I liked to know my item was insured if valuable, as most buyers don't know that sellers have always been responsible for safe delivery; selling the customer insurance was always gravy, because we had to get it to them safely, insure it or eat a loss.
So SELLING, I now include only in the description that Insurance is included in shipping, since we can't offer it separately. I think it reassures buyers that we are caring for their item very well; and I buy it and have auctiva notify them for items i cant afford to eat.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.