Skip to main content

Reply to "Shipping Options when listing to Ebay.uk"

that was something that was mentioned in intl. shipping lecture @ ebay Live - listing on other sites because of people on other sites not changing search setting.

I didnt attend that lecture myself, so didnt get to ask, but was my understanding that if you list on an international site, you have to be willing to accept funds in their local currency. (which I would have to go view the video of lecture online a second time to see if they covered that or not)

Has this been an issue? How do you handle it? Do you simply do PayPal and let them pay in their currency and then convert it yourself (paying paypal their conversion fee) ?

Seems to me to be the only way to handle it for most of those, but was wondering how you do it.

I know I can open a bank account overseas with Lloyds TSB http://www.lloydstsb-offshore.com/International/ and accept euro or pounds sterling, via bank wire (can open an account in USD, sterling, or euro) but havent investigated how to then get my $ in USD back in my acct here). I guess I should go to my local bank and inquire as to what fees they charge for incoming wires and currency conversion. If cheap enough I guess I could accept payments from customers that way.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Another reason interested in becoming more 'international' is not only the increase in sales, but last i knew it was free to list on ebay singapore (but not sure how many scammers hang out on ebay.com.sg)
Last edited by wayoutwest
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.