Skip to main content

Reply to "<sigh>.. should have seen this coming.."

Scorch,
I meant no offense by asking why you preferred to use the reserve strategy. I was just curious to hear what your thoughts were as to why having buyers play the "guess my reserve" game, and possibly and often as you state, not make a sale.
As a avid gamer myself, I can understand what you are talking about regarding your collection. My thoughts, as a seller with 380 100% pos sales record, is why screw around and attract people who want to bid pennies for you $3000 worth of game history? Why not put it up at close to what you know it's worth, or what will be an acceptable price and weed out the low bids all together? If it's really worth that much, the serious bidders will bite.
I sell eight hours a day for a pawn shop, and what I list runs the gammit from tools to musical instruments to video games and more. If I see that an item is selling on average of $100, I'll start it at $80. I just don't see the point of starting it at $5 with a hidden reserve of $100. Bidders are funny, and I've seen it go both ways; on one sale I might get a few dollars over my starting bid, and on another, it may go way past the average. If my understanding is correct, the reserve is what you will let it go for, right, so why not just start it for what you want, and forgo having your customers maybe hit your reserve? again, no disrespect or offense meant.
Cheers,
Ash
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.