Skip to main content

Reply to "Site down"

quote:
Free or pay, this service plays with other people's money, and should be better managed. They sent us all emails a while back about their "improved" customer support. Right. As for piratelady et. al., you should cancel the original posts or they WILL list twice (and you'll be charged twice). if you can't cancel them, all you can do is wait until the site starts working again (just don't hold your breath).

Well my time for complaining is about to end, because right now it seems everything started working. I haven't tested everything, but my pictures and showcase are working (for the time being). As far as the suggestion to piratelady I agree from my own past experience. I have a huge batch scheduled to list withthe last server upgrade that failed to post. I was told to cancel the batch and post manually or post the batch using local scheduler. I did that, and the next day the batch posted. I had to cancel the duplicate listings and eBay would not credit me for the fees which was not small change. Granted, everything may work out fine for you since it seems that often people having the same issues end up having different results. I'd just pay close attention to whatever you have scheduled and maybe try to have a little more patience (did I say that ?) and see if the batch ends up posting. My only issue regarding the free vs. paying Auctiva members is that it seems the issues are always fixed first for the free subscribers. Everyone is important to the success of Auctiva otherwise they wouldn't have started offering a free service in addition to the already up and running fee based service. I DID receive an e-mail that mentioned and praised the new server provider, but no where did it mention the possibility of problems nor did it suggest there could be any issues at all. This does not seem to be the same e-mail notification that the free subscribers received because some have posted segments and the text is different than what I received. I am sorry if that makes me seem like a jerk for having an issue with that, but anyone who is using the service for free would certainly have a different view point if they were paying for the service. Hopefully we will all wake up tomorrow and it will be as if none of this happened (I am open to be slapped if I am jinxing it). The guys (and gals if there are any) at Auctiva are undoubtably working their rear ends off to fix all of this. After all they have to deal with us too eventually...and I suspect they don't want to lose any customers, free subscribers or paying subscribers.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.