Skip to main content

Reply to "Site is very slow and sometimes freezing."

Hi LindaBelle,

I’m sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with our site over the last few days, but I am not aware of any technical difficulties on our site that would prevent you from uploading images nor block you from accessing certain pages on our site.

However, the Auctiva Uploader relies on Java and a Java update was released recently, so it is possible that these new issues you are experiencing are related to an issue with the latest Java update, especially since you are encountering these difficulties on multiple computers.

The first thing I recommend trying (if you have not done so already) is checking to make sure you are running the latest version of Java, which you can do by going to https://www.java.com/verify/ and clicking the provided button.

If you are informed that the version of Java you are running is out of date, I recommend updating to the latest version when prompted.

On the other hand, if you are informed that you are already running the latest version of Java, I then recommend completely uninstalling Java from your computers and then downloading and installing the latest version anew from https://www.java.com.

Once you have updated or uninstalled/reinstalled Java, I then recommend restarting your computers to ensure the updates take effect.

It is not particularly uncommon for some users to encounter image uploading difficulties when new versions of Java are released, and I am hopeful that one of these measures will resolve the issues you have been facing recently.

I also do not know of anything on our site of things that would explain the malware notices you are receiving on one of your computers but, given the circumstances, I do think it would be a good idea to run a malware scan to further explore whether it may have been infected with some malware.

If you continue to encounter similar difficulties after trying these measures, please follow up with our Customer Support team directly using one of the options under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.