Skip to main content

Reply to "so slow I'm falling asleep"

OK - Something has changed. I did 60 listings this morning in tims not seen in years on Auctiva. I did notice a couple of things. First off the average response of getting a screen back to do a smililar listing was 10 seconds instead of the normal 45. EVERYTHING was faster within the editing process. I noticed too that the drop down box where you pick the site was greyed out. I had not noticed that before. Again, I'm using saved listings and creating new from it. I also saw some quick flash screens while choosing a category that said the words Please and Site but it was so fast that I couldn't make out anything else. I also pulled up my task manager and watched it work when I saved a listing. Mind you this is an old machine, 256K and usually I would have the entire 100% of the CPY used up for a good 20-25 seconds when saving and getting back a new screen. This morning, less than 50% and only for a short period of time. I suspect my 256K has nothing to do with it as you all are experiencing the same frustrations. The ONLY thing I did was upgrade to the new Opera 11.6, which of course Auctiva does not support. If everything is fixed it won't be the first time that it happens with no explanation. The old description loading at a far slower rate than the rest of the listing when creating a new listing nver was fully explained, it just seemed to work all of a sudden. If you think these problems are bad, the description slowdown was brutal. At least an hour to create 7-10 listings with minimal changes. Anyway, thats my view from the early hours on a Saturday. For one day anyway, all was right in the Auctiva world.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.