Skip to main content

Reply to "So Slow"

Hi Vickie,

The issue you are referring to that was displayed on the known issues section of the support site for a long time is a very specific one. It caused the cursor to bounce back to the description editor for Internet Explorer users when they went directly from working within the description editor to clicking one of the blue buttons along the bottom of the page.

As you likely remember from seeing that post, that behavior could be avoided by clicking within one of the text boxes on the lister page, such as the "Start Price" field, before clicking the button at the bottom of the page that would normally cause the cursor to bounce back to the description editor.

In your recent support case, you described the behavior you encountered as "the pages jump when typing on it" which seems to be something different. We are not aware of any technical problems on our end that would cause that behavior nor are we aware of any issues on our side that would cause the site to run slower than usual.

I'm certainly sorry to hear of your frustration but neither of the things you referred to in that support cases are known issues that can be "fixed". We have not been able to reproduce the problem of the cursor jumping around while typing and the only thing I can think of that would cause fonts to appear differently in Firefox and Internet Explorer would be if the specific formatting code used is simply interpreted differently by each browser.

If there is any information you can offer through your support case that would help us reproduce the problem of the font appearing differently between the two browsers, we may be able to confirm my theory and potentially come up with a workaround.

However, we cannot attribute the issue of your cursor jumping around to any technical problems on our end, so that problem can likely only be addressed through troubleshooting that would involve changes on your side of things.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.