Skip to main content

Reply to "So Slow"

Hello again Vickie,

I'm afraid we cannot attribute the problem you experienced filling in the Custom Item Specifics interface in the listing you mentioned at the onset of case # 334974 either. In fact, I just viewed that listing now and found that 8 entries are saved in the Custom Item Specifics section of that listing.

I really can't say for sure what caused you to have trouble filling in that interface initially but, if you continue to experience difficulties of that nature, we will be happy to work with you on troubleshooting that issue through your open support case.

The original diagnosis of the previous “known issue” was that it was due to a bug with the description editor we licensed but reporting that to them did not end up going anywhere. We were not able to come up with a solution to that particular problem, but we can no longer reproduce that troublesome behavior using Internet Explorer 8.0.

I can't say definitively that you can carry on at this point without encountering those problems that you reported, but I am confident that they are not occurring due to any known technical problems – at least if you are using Internet Explorer 8.0. Therefore, if you are still experiencing these issues, they likely cannot be addressed from our end and could only be alleviated through troubleshooting.

If there are technical problems on our end causing any of these things, then we would need to know exactly how the behavior could be reproduced in your account in order to confirm them. Based on recent support trends, I am fairly confident these problems stem from conflicts between something on your end and our software or the formatting code you are entering though.

I certainly understand how your use of the terms “jump” or “bounce” could have led to an assumption that you were referring to the previous “known issue”, but that's a tough one because we have not dealt with that issue for quite some time.

In any event, if you need further assistance with these things, just continue following up on your open support cases and be as detailed as you can with your descriptions of what is happening and we'll do our best to help you out.

I'm going to leave this thread be now since we have strayed off the original topic. I mainly just wanted to clear up the confusion surrounding the relationship between the behavior you described in your support case and the previous known issue you referred to in this thread.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.