Skip to main content

Reply to "So who pays me back for a botched listing?"

JEFF: I DO NOT THINK YOUR ARGUMENT HOLDS WATER.

I have just discovered that MANY of my Auctiva-listed auctions have the exact same problem. A header, an image and nothing else. If you argument were correct and you put the blame on a home-grown template that no longer will run because eBay changed the way they process HTML, then every time a "wrong" template would yield this same result, right? Not so. Here are 2 entries using the same home-grown template, both listed through Auctiva. One that listed just fine, the other with just the header. Good listing: 130134066180 Bad listing: 130133855062.

It seems I've been running bad listings for a few days now, which could be a reason for my poor sales this week. I spend about $50 a day in listings, you count up the loss.

While having Auctiva is nice, I will now need to check every listing that I have launched through the service, because I can no longer trust that the listing will actually show up as intended.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is an Auctiva problem, an eBay problem or my own template problem, I can not tell yet. But it's a problem nonetheless that I need to fix.
All my auctions use the exact same home-grown template.

I'll run my 9 different listings through the site you mentioned and see if/where my listings contain "bad" html...
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.