Skip to main content

Reply to "Some Buyers ..."

I've had some very loyal buyers, but it feels kind of weird when they become your friends. A lot of my items are handmade (jewelry). And every time I make something for family or friends, I begin to fret. Will it fit them? Will they like it? Etc... Anyway, I've chatted back and forth with a few women (buyers) here and there--and we like each other. And then they come back and shop. And I feel like...am I ripping them off somehow? Will this item fall apart? Can they afford this? It's all really bizarre...truly. I know it's all in my head, but geeze... I have a retired woman who is kind of on a shopping spree right now, and I don't think she has a lot of money.

I always try to keep the relationship professional, but then they send emails or actually call me up! One offered to create a web site for me--FREE!! I was just starting out at the time, and that just felt a bit overwhelming.

So, I get sucked in. I always give two of my buyers free shipping--because they're loyal customers and buy alot. So I have a buyer/friend relationship with a few of my customers. It has its +'s and -'s.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.