Skip to main content

Reply to "SpareDollar Migrators Suthrnjewl HERE!"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?
I first released Auctiva Poster in early August 1998. That would make us 3 years 2 months older. Why either that or a listing count matters I'm not sure.

Well Jeff, you're right of course, it shouldn't matter one way or another. But what BiggFredd is trying to say in his very inartful and biased way is that since Auctiva is free (I don't think it always has been, has it?), and it's been around longer than SpareDollar (not sure that's true for the free part of Auctiva) then if Auctiva is better than SpareDollar, Auctiva should have more people using it and more listings on eBay.

Err I hope that made sense, it wasn't a very good sentence. Boiled down, if Auctiva's free and better than SD, and been around longer too, then BF thinks there should be a ton more listings on eBay that use Auctiva than the number that use SpareDollar. What he's leaving out is that Auctiva hasn't been free for longer than SD has been around. He often omits important parts in order to make his "point", which is often inaccurate because he leaves so much pertinent information out of his analysis.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.