Skip to main content

Reply to "SpareDollar Migrators Suthrnjewl HERE!"

quote:
Originally posted by starrynight:
You do have to MOVE when you list the same ads over and over. If I sold different items every time, then, yeah, moving would be super-easy!

Alright, I'm one of those that list the same ads over and over on this ID.

I had 800+ ads saved at the "other selling venue."

When Auctiva imported 400+ auctions that were running on eBay that solved the majority of my work.

But with 400+ auctions still to be moved... plain ole hard work, perseverance and diligence got the rest of my ads over here.

Sure it's hard work. But dilly-dallying isn't going to get everything gone if that's what a person truly wants to do.

I'm not begrudging anyone of their choice, I just don't happen to follow the reasoning.

I can speak from experience..
I did it with ALOT of auctions.

My motivation?

As if getting away from a service that couldn't keep up with updates to eBay's system wasn't enough? There are many more reasons.

For all the griping that was ever done bout it from others..that's eBay's perogative..to make changes to their site. It's the auction management site to keep up with eBay. Not vice versa.

I also knew before I left that the API for Sparedollar isn't updated for the upcoming months with eBay. Not good. Just do a search and find that any service that doesn't have the correct API updated, is going to be dead in the water. And Sparedollar isn't known for keeping up to date...you have to agree with that statement. Heck, it's members are still calling Rackspace to get the service to work some mornings.

The beta is still the same beta that came out last spring to beta testers and issued for use to all in the late fall of this year. Those same testers say almost nine months later that it's still the same beta they were testing last year with the same burps. Uh...yeah...and this is supposed to be a good sign that the increase in the monthly charge that was issued is actually going for the upgrades?

I had planned on leaving long before the announcement to raise prices came...I was 3/4 of the way done. It was just the inaneness of those spouting that we didn't have good business sense leaving Sparedollar.

There's plenty more..but no need in beating a dead horse.

Just let me assure you..the moving can be done, cuz I did it and it wasn't just 10 or 50 auctions but hundreds.

Peace,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.