Skip to main content

Reply to "SpareDollar Migrators Suthrnjewl HERE!"

quote:
always be free
I want to be clear that I've never said always, forever, or any other word that means endlessly free. It's a business and so I would like to make a profit eventually. Right now it's not doing as well as it could because everyone turns off checkout because eBays API doesnt support the same features as they do on their site for checkout, primarily combined invoices. This crippled version of checkout they provide for API users is probably worse than not even using it at all. I'm certain we'll have greater success after we release our new features that include our own checkout and combined shipping. I completely understand people turing off our checkout at this point and would probably do the same myself if I made my living selling on eBay. I can't expect anyone to use our insurance and checkout in its current state but I am hoping people will use it and the insurance once we offer combined shipping.

eBay is considering going back on it's word again concerning another feature which we'd planned on releasing shortly that would have offered us a great revenue stream. We're still waiting on their final decision on that as they bicker internally over it. And of course we still plan on rolling out product warranty in supported categories in the future. Most likely that will happen when we release our combined shipping version of checkout.

I believe I can make a profit and still offer the product for free, but that remains to be seen as there are still many things left to be done. My degree was in Computer Science, not busienss. Smile eBays wrenchs are slightly messing up our plans because they cant make up their minds about a product which I've spent a considerable amount of money and time to build, which they said was ok to build, and now which they are reconsidering is ok or not. I should have known better because when they are planning to screw you they wont ever put it in writing, lol.

Enjoy the freeness, there are no plans to change that right now. I've given away Mr. Poster our bulk listing desktop software for free for almost 3 years, and our Showcase gallery feature has been free since we invented and launched that feature in September 2000. So over 5 years now. At this point I'm focused on our phase 2 release, and adding more revenue streams. That's probably a good year worth of work right now.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.