Skip to main content

Reply to "SpareDollar Migrators Suthrnjewl HERE!"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
always be free
I want to be clear that I've never said always, forever, or any other word that means endlessly free. It's a business and so I would like to make a profit eventually.

And I still stand by what I said months ago Jeff..I'd pay for the service. The service has gone just that smooth for me. Even if it's for the pizza and beer slush fund. <smile>
quote:

Right now it's not doing as well as it could because everyone turns off checkout because eBays API doesnt support the same features as they do on their site for checkout, primarily combined invoices. This crippled version of checkout they provide for API users is probably worse than not even using it at all. I'm certain we'll have greater success after we release our new features that include our own checkout and combined shipping. I completely understand people turning off our checkout at this point and would probably do the same myself if I made my living selling on eBay. I can't expect anyone to use our insurance and checkout in its current state but I am hoping people will use it and the insurance once we offer combined shipping.

Thanks for the clarification on the reasoning on the current state of check out and the other updates that you're working on. What gives me confidence as a previous SD member is that you do make statements to your users as to where Auctiva stands and the decisions that you must make in order for the service to work smooth for we the consumers.
quote:

eBay is considering going back on it's word again concerning another feature which we'd planned on releasing shortly that would have offered us a great revenue stream.I should have known better because when they are planning to screw you they wont ever put it in writing, lol.

DUH! <smile>
quote:

At this point I'm focused on our phase 2 release, and adding more revenue streams. That's probably a good year worth of work right now.

I've got several that are waiting in the wings to see the workings of Phase II and then will make their final decision to move everything out and away from their current auction management service. (not all inclusive to SD but several others)

Is it possible to have a thread with some of the implemented updates that Auctiva Phase II will have? That might help others to decide whether to hang on or might make the deciding factor easier to leave another service completely once it's rolled out.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.