Skip to main content

Reply to "SpareDollar Migrators Suthrnjewl HERE!"

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:

That statement will cause a commotion! You'll have them all up in arms! Naughty Magie! <smile>

My take? SD was a third party that I once used for my online business. When it ceased to work to the abilities I wanted it to have. I made a business decision to leave and find a service that did serve my needs. Not Tom, not Dick, not Harry's business, but my online business. I left one service for another service. Auctiva serves my needs. Whereas the service may not suit others, it does mine.

SD? Served its purpose at one time. I don't think about it otherwise. Just as I don't think about my prior cellphone company. They served their purpose at the time. Another came along that gave me better customer service, better reliability, and more punch for my needs. The service more than serves my purpose, so I don't give it a moments thought that I once used the other cell phone service.

Bad analogy I know..but it works for me.
<smile>

My Best!
Donna[/QUOTE]

You know, with any other service I have used this would normally be the case.

I think the reason why people (including me) actually have residual emotion about SD is because of the nature of that service.

You have a problem with something not working correctly. Normally you would e-mail tech support, and they would fix it. Or tell you what to do to fix it if the problem is on your end. End of story.

Sparedollar? It's a whole other animal.

You have a problem. You e-mail tech support. No response. Two days later you e-mail again. Still no response. So you are forced to go to the message boards to get help. (You're already annoyed.) You post your problem there, and often get some kind of insulting response (generally from He Who Shall Remain Nameless; I know he does searches for his name over here).

The response may or may not solve your problem. Even if it does, it's been three days since you originally asked for help and you are now pissed off both at Tomas and at you-know-who.

It's not like my cell phone company (not that I haven't ever had problems with them!). It's just that the scenario at SD made every technical problem into a personal - and often confrontational - interchange with people who shouldn't have been involved to begin with.

If it wasn't for the non-existent customer service, I would probably have never gone near the SD message board, no less gotten into battles on them. I'm sure my cell phone company has a community board somewhere, and I've never gone there.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.