Skip to main content

Reply to "Stated Insurance To be Competitive with USPS"

quote:
Originally posted by SoldItToday:
would suggest a stated value insurance like UPS/USPS. That way Auctiva is competetive.

USPS and UPS give the option to select the amount of coverage. In other words, if I sell something and the combined shipping and cost is $100.01 am I stuck paying an extra $0.75($2.45 - $1.70) for $0.01 of coverage?

Any transaction were the shipping cost pushes the total to the next tier Autiva is actually more expensive.

while it's true that you can end up spending a little more to cover a penny or two, when the total of price + s/h ends up barely crossing over a price bracket, i personally dont see how it would be feasible to make it where the seller inputs the amount to cover.

In a fixed price situation, this would be possible and feasible, but in a auction format you wouldnt know the total until the auction ends. and to manually input how much to cover would mean that the customer would have to wait to pay until the seller went and punched in how much of total to cover with insurance. (which would be an inconvenience to both the seller and the buyer, and this delay could result in lost sales, non-paying bidders, etc.).

not trying to be argumentative, just trying to look at your suggestion from various angles.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.