Skip to main content

Reply to "Support for other auction sites"

I look at it like this selling on ebay is like having a store in the mall where there is all kinds of foot traffic walking by. Having a store on one of the other sites is more like having a store in a local strip center. There is a little foot traffic but you have to do more to get people to stop by.

I have been on ebid since Aug 07 and have sold a few things. I use to have a store on my own web site for 8 months and sales were scarce. I started putting the inventory on ebid and I have made several sales. I still sell on ebay but mainly use that to drive traffic to my ebid store. I was getting some sales until the upload to Google Products got broken, fixed now so hopefully it will pick up again.

I am also looking at ecrater which is not an auction site but a marketplace. Everything is a fixed price, which works well for me. You get a sub domain so you can drive traffic directly to your store. There is no html in the listings so the site has a clean look. According to Power Users Unite it ranks number 3 or 4. They also summit your items to Google Products as long as you are not a drop shipper store.

There is also Blujay which again is a nice site but not as big as ecrater. Both are free to list and sell so it doesn't cost anything to park items there. BJ also uploads to GP.

I found the forums on all three sites to be very helpful.

Good Luck
Allen