Skip to main content

Reply to ""Take Product Pics that Sell""

Ok, eBay boycott aside, and nevermind the fact I no longer shop on eBay because of their policies that despise the small time seller (and by small time, I mean anything less than 1/2 a million per month). So, since eBay is a non-factor for many sellers, that part of the article is irrelevant. However, since people can and do sell successfully on other sites like Onlineauction, Ioffer, etsy, Amazon, Bonanzle, or a host of other places, this is still great info.
In the article it states "I won't overwhelm you with instances, but I tested these shoes in several eBay searches, including the gallery display, inside my store, mixed in with other shoes on a full page of results, etc., and found that viewers' eyes focused in on the stylized shot first, the all-white background second and the unplanned shot last."
Obviously, because of the location of the top photo, that was the first photo I noticed. Interestingly, as I scrolled down a bit, without having even read the entire paragraph I noticed the picture of the "stylized shot" immediately, and then the white background photo. (I did have one issue with that photo, and that is the bench and stuff in the background gave me the feeling the "crocks" were used. So, I'd keep that in mind too). But, I have to admit, however, the "stylized shot" does make them more attractive, than the other two items. Interesting, as I never thought I was gullible enough to fall for those "marketing tricks". (NOT that i'd buy them anyway; just that they look way better than the other two photos. Interesting).
Thanks for the tips;
Tim
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.