Skip to main content

Reply to ""Take Product Pics that Sell""

I have to disagree with you about camera pixel count.I had been using an older Canon A60 camera(2 MP) and when it failed I switched to a newer A590(8MP).The newer camera actually made worse pictures.After doing some Google searching I learned the reason.Camera makers push pixel count because people think higher pixels is better.But the problem is that each pixel is much smaller in cameras with more pixels than cameras with less, with each pixel producing much less light.So,the camera has to amplify the light more in higher pixel cameras than lower pixel ones.More amplification always results in more noise in the picture.Then the camera manufacturer has to put in more noise reducing software to reduce the noise.That ends up softening the picture.Anyway,I got the A60 repaired for free(Canon recall) and take better pictures now than from a later,supposedly better higher pixel camera.You can't take advantage of the higher pixel count anyway or your pictures would be larger than Auctiva allows and too slow to download.The only good high pixel cameras are the expensive ones with much larger sensors resulting in larger pixels which are the SLR cameras like the Canon Rebel,etc.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.