Skip to main content

Reply to "Template OK in preview but not in eBay listing"

Hi windsorwoman,

THIS is an interesting problem and only the 2nd time I've seen it....

eBay is now doing a separate hosting of the description section when they switched to the New Design using an IFRAME.

Here is a direct link to that hosted code.

http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...3594&t=1250195508000

Notice anything different when the code isn't running in the IFRAME (not in eBay's main page)?

Try this.....clear your cache and and try following your direct link to the page. That causes eBay to load the page without IFRAME (an initial check they do).

At this point, it may not be Auctiva's problem. I hope someone from Auctiva spots this thread and will follow my checks.

Danno

Edit: OK...I have one possible template cause that might be something for the Auctiva folks to investigate: Placement of the Style Sheet at the bottom. When I was doing testing in the Sandbox last fall with IFRAME, I was having odd problems at/near the bottom of my HTML with CSS that was from a bottom positioned (after HMTL) location of the sheet. Moving it to top (or near top) would clear those problems. The problem was worse with long style sheets. I've also seen the problem without the IFRAME, but it does seem to make it worse.

Not sure that's the cause, but it's on my list of NO NOs.

My thinking on the problem is... the browser expects to resolve/compile the style sheet(s) in header, so the code needs to be at/near top to avail the rendering engine early of those applied styles (make sense?).
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.