Skip to main content

Reply to "Template OK in preview but not in eBay listing"

quote:
Originally posted by windsorwoman:
Thanks, Danno for the 411 I hope they do also but the email to support didn't raise any alarm, they basically blamed me for adding spaces to description.... LOL maybe a rep not wanting to really investigate like you did. Thanks again.

Well, as the direct link to the desc shows, it's not spaces in the description text.

If you want to test my theory, the stylesheet near the bottom needs to move to near top (at very top would cause eBay to delete it ... ug! which is why they may have it at bottom). Are you good with eBay's revise listing and HTML?

The stylesheet begins....

<STYLE type=text/css>
#auctivaWrapper { background: #000; }
#auctivaMain { color: #fff; height: 100%; }

and ends....

.auctivaNote { color: #999; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9px; margin: 5px 5px 0; text-align: center; }
</STYLE>

I would move it to near top immediately after this line that starts Auctiva's code....

<DIV id=auctivaWrapper>

Danno

Oh....and the only browser to render the page perfectly both in and out of the IFRAME is Safari. ROFL Big Grin That figures. Running Safari in Developer mode is a kick. DDR

Guess what just (also) got my attention....

#auctivaMain { color: #fff; height: 100%; }

Now there's a good candidate with eBay's setting the IFRAME height to 10,000 for initial load. In fact, Safari is pointing at that and is actually do'in the jig correcting to resolve after IFRAME close. Maybe that's an easier excise for test, i.e. remove that height:100%
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.