Skip to main content

Reply to "Template stretching to the right"

Hi Deb,

The green background is with a style that's applied only to the background of the text itself, and not that section. It's functioning sort of like a highlighter used on passages in a textbook. I don't know if that's the issue, or it's not appearing due to a problem with embedding.

To place background color on the TD elements in the table, you can use bgcolor="#code" on the TD as an attribute. You can also use style="background-color: #code;". I see you already are using the later on FONT (like the green).

The arrangement problem might be similar to the problems with the other template. I would vertically create rows <tr></tr> within that table to separate each of the stacked elements/features. Otherwise, they may not display correctly without structure to maintain order.

Example:

1. Row for the upper text description.
2. Row for the central About the Model box.
3. Row for the lower measurements table.

A single <td></td> for each of those main rows, and then tables within a TD, when appropriate, should maintain the structure correctly. The lower measurements table is a good example of table within TD.

There is a possible method to place numbers within the one-page lister's description section using JavaScript, and those numbers then fill the table that's in the template.

I do know a site where you can test upload the .swf file that's free (at least for testing up to certain usage limits at which point you can pay for use for full deployment). I believe photobucket doesn't support without payment for PRO account.

www.hotlinkfiles.com

I just moved an Auctiva member's music MP3s there, due to AOL no longer providing hosting.

Danno

Edit: And here is a start on rework of the other template.

http://practicewriter.com/vu/?52656
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.