Skip to main content

Reply to "Text editor changes listing format and text"

I figured I should let you all know how I worked around this issue.

What I found that works, at least better than using the auctiva text editor, is to setup your listing text in MS Word. Include any graphics etc. that you had used in the auctiva editor.

Once you have it all typed up and looking good, do a spell check (a benefit of using Word) and then Ctrl-A (select all) and Ctrl-C (copy). Oh, don't worry if it goes across several pages. it will look fine in the listing.

Open up your listing editor in auctiva. In the listing you want to create place your cursor in the text editor and do a Ctrl-V (paste). If you get a message asking if you want to clean the text that you are copying from Word just cancel or say no. If you do clean it, the text format and fonts will change.

Now finish up your listing. Check the ebay fees if you wish. But DO NOT DO A PREVIEW from within the listing editor. This is what screws the listing up. Instead, save the listing. then go to your saved listings and select the checkbox next to the one you just did. Click on the Preview button and you will see you finished listing the way you set it up. Not the way the text editor decides to make it.

This seems to work well and though it is s couple more steps, it surely saves a ton of headches trying to figure out why things get screwed up.

Good luck everyone!

Rob
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.