Skip to main content

Reply to "text or font problems using auctiva's templates"

Dear Danno, Thank you for your reply to my post on 6-25-09. As per your suggestion: I have tried to toggle from HML back and forth in the description box, but there is no difference whatsoever. I now just take a deep breath and allow extra time to make a listing without having a nervous breakdown. The font problem is still the same!! What you select in style or size is usually not what you receive. So I choose a font, put it in XX-Large and Bold, type in the listing by hand, and hope. The result in Preview is usually not the correct font or is in 10-12 point size. So I keep trying all the fonts until I find one that works, sort-of. If not, I put listing in Save As New and hope that by tomorrow the computer gods will have blessed my listing. Usually not, so I end up CHANGING THE TEMPLATE and try other font options. This is not fun.

IDEA: AUCTIVA COULD/SHOULD HAVE EACH TEMPLATE HAVE A FONT SPECIFICALLY ASSIGNED TO IT. This would solve all the problems, for me. I have a feeling that most sellers use HTML or others don't care what their listing looks like.

Your quote in your reply, "I've also seen a few problems with a small number of Auctiva templates that are overriding some font coding. I would need to check a specific template to see if it has any possible involvement with the problem(s." Have you done any follow up study on this?! Please inform.

PROBLEM #2. You mentioned that one could cut from Word (a description) and Paste it into the Description box - using the tool bar. I use the keyboard; should that make any difference? I have been told that the Word page must be a NEW BLANK page without any other pastes from other sources with embedded codes, which can screw up the transfer. If I could cut and paste, a listing would be a breeze. Please inform me of this as well. FYI: I was told by an Auctiva techie many months ago that cut/paste from Word was not wise, (probably because of embedded codes?)

In my past I used to be a graphic designer, so I hope that you can see my frustration on these issues.

Thank you in advance, Barbara
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.