Skip to main content

Reply to "TIRED OF GETTING "  " ALL OVER MY DESCRIPTIONS"

quote:
Originally posted by eebahgoom:
...and it's still happening...

Now I know that this listing looked OK when it arrived on eBay because, ever since the last problem, I've been checking every single listing that goes live.

So, somehow, the Item Description has transformed from text to html with no input from me. Doubtless Auctiva will say it's an eBay problem, and eBay will say it's an Auctiva problem, BUT will somebody please sort it out.
Not to play devil's advocate here, but if the listing looked ok on ebay one day, then it looked messed up a few days later on ebay, then it's ebays problem. I believe that once you send a listing off to ebay, it's out of Auctivas' hands (or whatever listing service you use) and they don't have anything to do with the listing after that.
Now if you make a listing and you had copy/pasted in the description, then you could end up with messed up code when it goes to ebay. This happened to me too, and I realised it was because of copy/pasting from word. aside from that, I have been quite pleased with this service.

Sorry I can't offer you any advice, but I would take it up with ebay. of course they will pass the buck and blame someone else (this is ebay afterall!) but considering all the technical issues they have had lately, I'm certain they probably had something to do with it. I honestly don't know how else it would get so distorted without ebay's help.

Nap time--too much turkey!
Earl
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.