Skip to main content

Reply to "Too much time to New listings"

quote:
I found what helps is to really sit down first and think about how you are going to organize all of your photos. Instead of uploading all photos into one folder, I decided to create multiple folders for various themes. I also created a folder for items that I have sold but no longer carry. This way if the day comes I carry them again, I can move them out of the 'Black Hole Folder' and into the folder that is active

Good advice. I tend to do most of my photo organizing on my harddrive, and at creation, when naming the images, I perform the "Save As" action at the image editing stage.
For example... I am presently listing book lots.
These lots are "one time" listings, so, I create a folder for each lot, and I number them.
When I name the images, I give them names like... Lot 57 Img 1. (In the auctiva image managing folders, all book images are uploaded to the same folder.) This helps keep track of your uploading, as it is easier to drag and drop sequential images, from one folder. And also helps move tasks quicker when creating listings, as I then just search BY NAME, when adding images to the listing, and enter the Lot #, which all images for that lot, will have the same number, in their title. So, it only pulls up the images for that particular listing, which makes it very easy to click in order. For example...Searching on Lot 57 will bring up Images 1-8 of Lot 57, and will appear in sequential order.

This model will still work if you want to name the photos. For example...your filename could be Handbag 22_Rosetti straw organizer Image 1, 2 etc. When adding the images, you could still just search by name by "Handbag 22" and get all images for that listing. This process works even if you have multiple items with the same images. Similar to your process, you would just "resurrect" the images, from an earlier listing. In selling one-time items, on my harddrive, I move the folder to a SOLD items folder. This way I know that all listings in the active folder are just that...active, or to be relisted at a later date, if they went unsold. I would recommend using a term from your search title in the image file name. This can help when relisting closed items. As a similar search can be done. eBay is having a reduced listing fee promotion, what's here in my active folder that I need to relist? And then you can search on Auctiva by name, and pull up that listing to repost to eBay.

Using the numbering system, or a similar coded system, and the search tool on Auctiva, can reduce your reliance on managing your image folders to infinite sub categories.

Just a work process, to ease the tedium of listing functions, that has worked for me, that may be helpful to others.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.