Skip to main content

Reply to "Trouble Uploading Pictures"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
It is convenient when it works, but lately that is not very often at all.
I'd say "everyone" is a bit of an exaggeration. We track the # of listings launched daily and the #'s are actually higher this week than past weeks. I'd assume the numbers would be lower if things were not working very often at all.

Since we also track when they are created I can see most people are doing it in the middle of the day, during prime time hours. I would assume the majority of people having ongoing issues are using relatively large size images in comparison to those users since the complaints seemed to centered around large images.
quote:
Auctiva will just tell you its your fault and you need to resize, etc.
I don't believe we've been saying that at all. Certainly resizing is a very good solution and that is what is working for the vast majority of customers. But we've also said we'll be releasing a new uploader that will resize your images for you on your computer automatically so that you don't need to. So we are doing something besides giving you what is already a solution that works for most people.

I'm not really sure what else I could do to help. If you have a suggestion let me know.
quote:
THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN YOU REDUCE THE SCANNER RESOLUTION UNTIL YOU REACH A POINT WHERE IT WILL UPLOAD YOU HAVE A CRAPPY PHOTO THAT IS NOT WORTH LISTING

That's not true at all. I've viewed many of your supersize images and they are ~65k bytes. Check the size of your scanned images. If they are bigger than 65k bytes you can still do a lot of shrinking before you upload them since we're doing it on this side anyways after the images are on our server. I wrote the original Auctiva Poster desktop lister, wrote the image handling code for it, resizing, uploading, etc. I also own a scanner and have sold many items on eBay where the items were scanned. So I do understand.

Or you can just take a few days off and come back after our site update next week with the new image uploaders. It'll resize your images on your computer before uploading them to our servers.

Jeff or who ever should need to read this. I agree with your stance on this issue. Smaller image size is best for your side, but larger more detailed photos work best for our side (sellers). We need an option that allows us with broadband or other similar fast connections to upload the largest possible images. I also think the concept of smaller initial images on eBay and the click to supersize and go to the fullest size allowed should continue. In closing the person that posted that they'd be off to look for something else.... let me know because I'm constantly searching for the next best thing to stay out front. And there is NO alternative to Auctiva. Auctiva just WORKS! They've kept it fairly simple and uncluttered. That's what makes it work best for me!!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.