Skip to main content

Reply to "Unable to add description"

I was having a heck of a problem with different issues relating to the IE browser when trying to user the Auctiva website - so I downloaded Firefox as recommended (a most excellent browser I might add...) and everything worked great for 4 days, then the textbox and the toolbar above on the listing description page would'nt load I toggled between the text/design links above where the toolbar/text box should have been but nothing happened.

Couldn't get anything to work so I (for the first time) broke down and sent my computer out to have all my settings checked, Firefox re-installed and it seems that my Java/Javascript was screwed up . . . got my computer back - EVERYTHING works as it should!

As a note to having the Firefox browser - download the plug-in that allows you to toggle web pages from FireFox to IE - a click of a button and the FireFox pages that were'nt quite right or missing function features (like the 'Print' page from PayPal that you click either 'print preview' or 'Print' to print out your shipping label - with the Firefox browser those "Print" buttons DO NOT APPEAR in that pop-up window so I set my browser to "ALWAYS use IE to show this page". Very excellent trick! I do the same for eBay which Firefox does not display too well either.

So far Firefox has been worth all the 'Old Dog learning New Tricks' ordeal . . . as far as pictures not loading in Firefox . . .? I havn't experienced that problem . . . (yet - ?)

Hope this helps someone . . . these things can be VERY Eek frustrating!!!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.