Skip to main content

Reply to "unable to upload photos"

Hi lookandbuyme,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been experiencing. As I mentioned previously, we are working with the developer of our Java based uploader to address the issue that is causing the latest update of Java to produce these warnings, but I am still uncertain when we may be able to get a solution in place at this point in time.

I certainly agree that it is generally advisable to use the latest versions of programs such as Java and any browsers you use, and you should not have to go back to using a previous versions of any such programs in order to use the Auctiva Uploader successfully.

If you have the latest version of Java installed and you are using the Auctiva Uploader through Firefox or Chrome, you can potentially prevent these warnings from being displayed by disabling the “Mixed code (sandboxed vs. trusted) security verification” setting within your Java console using the instructions in my previous reply.

On the other hand, if you would prefer not to bypass or disable these Java warnings, you can also upload your images through Internet Explorer as Ed mentioned. Since the warnings are Java specific and the Auctiva Uploader does not rely on Java when used through Internet Explorer, you should not be presented with similar warnings.

Although our site is not optimized for use with Safari, the Auctiva Uploader also uses Java if used through the Safari browser. Therefore, you would be presented with these same Java warnings when uploading through Safari unless you have disabled the setting that produces those warnings in your Java Console.

I am not aware of any technical issue that would cause you to receive “no proxy server found” error when attempting to upload images into your account, but I do not believe such errors are associated with the Java related the original posted mentioned.

If you continue to receive those error messages when attempting to upload images into your account, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option and we will work with you to troubleshoot the issue on an individual basis.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.