Skip to main content

Reply to "unable to upload photos"

Mike, I notice Ed mentions NOT to update to IE 10, which has not been addressed by Auctiva, so that means we could have security issues if not updated. Yet we should not switch to it to do our listings?????

What is problem with IE 10? It is no longer that new. This is a real problem as uploading photos and listing is becoming a browser hopping experience. Can we list without problems if we update to 10. This was introduced in, I believe, September or October 2012.

Now... I am going to be brutally honest here but since I have gone full circle...from here, you recommended I file with support, support tells me to clear the trash, I write them again, then they send me here????? I feel like dog chasing my tail.

I DID write support spending lots of time putting in as many details as I can think of. My first response back is below:

quote:
I was not able to reproduce the issue you are reporting with Chrome or Firefox browser and we have not had any other reports of this issue from other users. This leads me to believe the issue might be browser related. I recommend clearing cache of your Chrome and Firefox browser and restart them. Then see if the issue persists.
After this was instructions on clearing.

Now why in the world would she put that there are no other reports of this issue for other users????

So that proved to be waste of my time. Now why in the world this is the fix for every issue I will never know. Should I have put that I cleared yes, I should have, perhaps a button when we write support should be included asking IF we have done that, as is saves a back & forth.

Now...I then write support again asking....soooo are you telling me that my problem is clearing cache and cookies?? And there have been NO other Java related issues with the uploader? Pls. let me know if I am only one with this issue.

Here is main part of response back:

quote:
Our IT team has confirmed that these warnings have started to occur due to a new security approach introduced with Java 7 Update 21 that is conflicting with Auctivas image uploader.

We have posted a work around on the following thread of our Community Forum.

https://community.auctiva.com/e...8609941/m/4627092036

I am back at square one. Help??? Please...do not ask me to write support, as obviously, they did not even read the thread they sent me to.

IS AUCTIVA COMPATIBLE FULLY with Internet Explorer 10??? IF so I can go there to list.

Thanks very much.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.