Skip to main content

Reply to "unable to upload photos"

Hi lookandbuyme (& Others),

If you are running the Windows 8 operating system, there are 2 different “versions” of Internet Explorer 10.0 available. The one referred to as “touch screen” mode is intended to support the touch screen functionality introduced with Windows 8 and the other opens on your desktop and functions like existing versions of Internet Explorer.

I suspect Ed's recommendation not to use Internet Explorer 10.0 is based on the fact that the old description editor which is still enabled in some accounts will not load in that browser, but the newer description editor which is in use within most accounts should function properly within Internet Explorer 10.0.

As long as you are using the newer version of the description editor, you should be able to use the desktop version of Internet Explorer 10.0 without any difficulties. I am not sure if there will be anything we can do to make the uploader work on the touch screen version of Internet Explorer 10.0.

There is currently an issue with the spell check feature on the editor that is causing it to generate an error when used through Internet Explorer 10.0, but we expect to be able to resolve that issue with our next site update which will likely take place within the next couple weeks.

It should be safe to use the Auctiva Uploader while the “Mixed code (sandboxed vs. trusted) security verification” within your Java Console is disabled, but I assume Java must provide that setting for a reason so disabling that setting could potentially cause you not to be protected against other potential threats you may encounter on the internet.

As I mentioned, if you would prefer not to bypass or disable these Java warnings, you should be able to leave that setting enabled within your Java Console and upload your images through Internet Explorer without encountering similar behavior - including Internet Explorer 10.0.

Finally, I apologize about all the confusion surrounding the support case you opened on this subject. I will follow up with you about this through your support case a little bit later today and do my best to clear things up.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.