Skip to main content

Reply to "Update for Sizes in Several Clothing Categories so they match with ebay system"

Mike, thanks for your response. I asked on here again, mainly because I am not only person having this issue, and as July comes I believe more people will notice this issue. Therefore, it saves others starting new thread OR a barrage of people sending support requests, or doing what I usually do thinking is it just me again?

This is NOT just one or two categories, it is all across the board in clothing areas.

I guess I do not understand how not obtaining list from ebay is such an issue. Seems (though am not programmer) that a new ebay token could help? OR that auctiva could go into ebay same as we do and update by opening ebay category and copying as I have above? Then as new category is reported auctiva go in and fix that one. I frankly would be glad to send in when I find category needing update, just to get it done. This does, however, seem strange that fixing this is such a huge ordeal, since the sizes where there before the recent changes. There were isolated ones missing but there were very, very few. I would find like 1 in 250- 300 listings missing something. Now it is just opposite out of 300 listings about 250+ have to be gone into and physically checked with ebay system to make sure we do exactly as they have done.

I am also concerned at some point that ebay will no longer let us do write in's for sizing, therefore those will drop in future listings and will not show up (IF they do now) when person gets specific with their listings. Since I am changing all of these listings I would LOVE to do it once only, as IF ebay drops the write in for this, we will have to go back and re-do each. I talked to ebay rep and they said it is possible in future that this could VERY well happen as they are becoming more standardized. This would obviously mean auctiva would be forced to comply as would all other vendors. It would require then that we all go back in and fix ALL of the listings manually yet again which is a huge time consumer.

Also, it still requires that we go into ebay system for EACH listing to make sure we write as they have written so that items will show the way ebay has customer search specifics set up. I.e. if we put size 22 and ebay uses 22W assume our item will not show up when customer puts in specifics. (another example 2XS versus 2 XS we have to physically look up to see how ebay does) or according to rep will not show up in detailed search? So we have to see should we list as 22W or 22 for best search and this has to be done with each item unless I am totally missing something. Is there an easier way to "know" what ebay uses or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Vickie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.