Skip to main content

Reply to "Uploading Images Extra Steps Why?"

The reason is that my images are sorted in separate directories on my PC. So when I'm uploading I need to access individual folders. In other words, I navigate to a folder on my PC, upload the images, then navigate to a different folder, etc.

Another suggestion would be to select a directory on my PC, and upload all the images (content), AND PRESERVE the directory (folder) name on Auctiva. This way I wouldn't even need to create a folder on Auctiva, it would automatically preserve the name.

Your point is well-taken if you do bulk uploading. The real suggestion is "flexibility." it would be nice to be able to set a preference on the operational behavior.

BTW, I bulk-upload photos from my camera and import into Lightroom. In Lightroom, I crop, fix white-balance, manipulate contrast to show marks on glass, etc. etc. and then export all the photos for a single item into a named directory. So, all of item X's photos go into a directory named X. It's these directories that I upload to Auctiva. If you do alot of editing on lots of pictures, I'd suggest Lightroom, although it's not inexpensive and there's a bit of a learning curve.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.