Skip to main content

Reply to "Verizon issue"

Ticket opened on 2/6 it is now 2/17 and still this is the response and my response.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that, but I appreciate you taking the time to write back and let us know how your experience has been recently.

These performance issues impacting Verizon internet users have been a result of Verizon limiting, or “throttling”, the traffic into our ISP (Cogent) and, although I suspect the two sides may have different perspectives on who is at fault, it has been something those they have needed to work out among themselves.

We have already opened a ticket with Cogent about this and, although they have indicated Verizon ultimately needs to resolve the issue, they have expressed they are doing everything they can to ensure the issue is addressed as soon as possible. We will keep you posted on this as any additional information becomes available.

Also, we have not determined whether we will be able to offer credit as a result of this issue, but I have forwarded your request to our Management team for consideration. However, I do not expect a decision to be made in this regard until the outcome of this situation becomes more clear.

Once again we regret the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience in this regard. If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your Auctiva account, please feel free to let us know, and we’ll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
bstadler@comcast.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 2/17/2014 6:38 AM
The good news is you referred to a management team. I was beginning to believe that there was no such thing within your organization. I worked in telecom (Level 3 communications) for 10 years-I understand the "throttling" issue. The bottom line for your company is that regardless of the issue-until resolved you run the risk of losing many customers and the revenue associated. This is the first time that someone has referred to management and the fact the issue may have been escalated to a higher level. I am paying you for a service and it is currently not working-I do not have the time to trouble shoot networking issues with an ISP. As many other people have referred-maybe it is time to challenge your provider and consider move to provider that can accomodate ALL customers.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.