Skip to main content

Reply to "Wanted urgently - bulk edit facility of eBay listing category"

Hi Cara

You are probably aware that eBay is currently sweeping away many sub-categories which causes all sorts of grief when trying to relist items that used a deprecated sub-category.

We are not talking about eBay store categories but those which we post our listings into on eBay regardless of format auction, Buy it Now, Store etc.

In my case I had a railway books listed under think "Books Comics & Magazines .... Rail" and had category #7541, now there is one sub-category of "Books Comics & Magazines -> non-Fiction Books" category #274 for all non-fiction books.

As I said earlier in this thread relist tools will not handle this now non-existant category of item and will not let you edit the category they in fact get stuck in a loop , change this ... does not say what. change this ...

I only had about 20 books to change however this is going to occur with magazines and soon I intend to have up 300 listings all which will need changing individually. Another seller in this thread has the problem for 800 CD's.

So I am asking before magazines get flattened like books, fiction and non-fiction to help us out by allowing us to bulk edit the eBay listing category field before we all get repetitve strain injury courtesy of eBay. Frown
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.