Skip to main content

Reply to "what do I sell?"

quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
Great advise from the others!

I've been selling for close to 4 years now and I'm still trying to find that certain something that is works for me!

If you did well with stuff from around your house and you enjoyed it then maybe garage and estate sales might be good for you.

Something I have always wanted to try but just haven't been able to manage it with 2 small children, plus the fact I have no clue what I'm looking for.

I do know the times that I have sold stuff for my Mom it did well. Seems like "used" sells better then new unless you ahve something in demand and can get it at a really low price.

Best of luck to you, its a never ending journey but a fun one Wink

Wahm is talking about selling collectibles in the above post. This is what I do and the profits can be huge compaired to what you pay out...But the work is much more involved than just selling the same items over and over because with collectibles, its always changing and it takes time to get to know what the goodies are when you see them and when to hold them and when to sell them. Here is a perfect example, I have exactly $2.30 invested in this item. Check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8831...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I only do this part time Maybe 8 to 12 hours a week in actual time spent working on collectibles. Im not ever gonna get rich selling collectibles...I dont know anyone that ever has except the extremely lucky ones that find that needle in the haystack.

Like a rare painting by some dead artist you never even heard of before worth $750,000 or something like that...they are out there too but I probably wouldnt know one if I saw it...I would just have to get one by dumb luck, like most people that find these things..lol.

But selling collectibles is super duper fun and hunting for the treasures among the junk is what makes it fun. I tell ya there's no better feeling in the world then when you see something you know will sell for 100 bucks and its marked for $2.00 at a yardsale or dealers stand. I have a few tips and tricks for buying and selling collectibles on MY BLOG...the link is at the bottom. Selling collectibles is a good part time income..but to do it full time would take most of your time and energy.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.