Skip to main content

Reply to "What if you've never listed using eBay?"

Thanks for the responses...shortly after I posted last night, I was looking in my spam folder for a lost message, and noticed that the notice on the shipping issues from Auctiva was in that folder. The update seemed to answer those questions. Terence, I did finally manage to set up my sellers account, I went ahead and logged in "as if" I was going to list, but then did not proceed to listing, once the sellers account was set-up.

Another question that has occurred...I noticed one of the posts from an Auctiva staffer mentioned that having a "store" was a default service by using Auctiva. Does this mean that we CAN have static inventory with long-term listings, without having to subscribe to an eBay store? This was an issue with another new member, because she did not like the "default" text in the window which states, "the seller presently has no items in the store." Being that I expect some of the traffic to my web link will come from "cross-promotion" I too would like to have the store window populated with static inventory, even between "auction" listings. Is this feasible on our Auctiva service, without paying the subscription rate for a store through eBay?

I've only input a couple of sample "saved" auction listings, to get an opportinuty to preview, while tweaking my profiles.

Some of my inventory items I may want to include as "buy it now" items. Particularly as an incentive for persons looking to take advantage of the combined shipping...

As in...You are bidding on the cool purse, but could use a hairband too...or a handcrafted gift card, because the purse is a gift.
I'm not going to put "cards" on auction listings... However, I would like a commerce site for the "fans" of those cards to be able to purchase them outright--when stock is available. I shelved my wholesale card business, as the retailer was taking all the profits from my labors. And the idea of working 14 hour days doing production work, did not appeal to me...particulary if my labor was being compensated at less than a chinamans salary. If I am to include them in my inventory, they will be "limited edition" art cards...and priced accordingly. They retailed at upwards of $7 per card.

Anyway...I appreciate the guidance.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.