Skip to main content

Reply to "What is eBay up to now?"

I have not received an e-mail from eBay for either, "Register as a Business", or the other one you just received about the New User Policy - or I hav'nt received the last one yet, I should say . . .

My question for Magie . . . are you a seller in the "upper" Powerseller catagory (I don't need to know that in a personal way - but goes to an eBay "target' e-mailing class), as in, if you are a seller in a BIG way - maybe you receive these certain e-mails targeted to you and others that fall into a set guideline of things to come . . . TAX COLLECTION, and keeping tabs on those that are worth keeping tabs on . . .

Where most of us are probably like me . . . selling "junk" to support a personal "junk habit" - We are just those who at this time are not really worth the effort of corralling when there are bigger fish to fry - when trying to implement "MANDATORY" 1st-phase corporate "VOLUNTARY" compliance with new government regulations in regards to changes in say .. . Tax codes/laws .. .you know the ones . . .

they get passed - sandwiched into a bill full of 'Blah Roll Eyes Blah Roll Eyes Blah Roll Eyes' stuff - in the wee hours of the last day of the last congressional session of the season.

I don't know either what the deal is, but it is going to be an ORDEAL I'm sure . . . and being a low echelon Powerseller, I'm sure I'll be receiving my e-mailing notifications too, if not now .. . soon . . .

and so on and so on and so on, right down the line til they get to the smallest of sellers/buyers who, while they can barely read and follow simple instructions, will be forced to fill out forms, get tax numbers, file stuff, do this, jump through that hoop, sweat the bullets and basically decide that it isn't worth it . . .

And where is the governmental wisdom in doing that . . . scaring off all those rebel nickels and dimes -

til, before you know it . . . we'll all be speaking Russian or some other Commune Based integrated language of the poor . . . Hey that's the basic theory of Communism isn't it . . . Share and Share alike . . . but only in one direction .. . the Governments! Eek
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.