Skip to main content

Reply to ""What's Ahead for eBay and You?""

Eh hem.... This thread is for responding to the article "What's Ahead for eBay...and You?". The article was GREAT... and only a year overdue.

When I started saying these same things a long time ago I was yelled at & told how small minded I was not to reinvent my entire business (as if I have a money tree growing in my backyard just for such a SPECIAL occassion). I tried to bring these same points up on this forum & on Ebay forums. I was told how completely unintelligent I was.

NOW... Auctiva themselves has several articles finally facing the situation square on & telling it like it is rather than the old head in the sand routine it stuck by for so long. Too bad no one had the courage & tenacity to stand up & say these things when we still had a snowballs chance in perdition to change them.

The only advice I have for anyone who is still desperately clinging to the last tiny thread of hope that eBay gives a rat's patooty about sellers: Don't hold your breath. Although there is something very satisfying to me now a year later to hear the chortles of the eBay bliss ninnies stifled with shock over how their loyalty means nothing & they were not immune to eBaytrayal for all the waving of pom poms in my face during the months I was crying myself to sleep because the dream of my lifetime had been destroyed in one day by eBay.

I have little sympathy for anyone who didn't join us last May during the walk out. If everyone had listened to the many warnings of the fallen rather than treating them like losers because your store stayed profitable while eBay axed their stores... Then none of this would be happening now. We would have had the clout to teach eBay a lesson, brought them to heel & either we'd have the old eBay back or at least we'd all be mutually satisfied by now at hearing their notice of bankruptcy on national news. But NO!

What the guy in the article completely avoids telling us is how he & others like him sold us all down the river by listening to the eBay anthem "reinvent yourselves" and marched along like sheep while the little guys with small unique stores were brutally trounced beneath their feet. I've got two words for eBay as they slowly fall apart & everyone curses them...

REINVENT YOURSELVES
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.