Skip to main content

Reply to ""What's eBay Like for Buyers These Days""

Regarding the comment above about low DSR for shipping when item is shipped out the same day.

I have the same problem in my store and even though we list a 3 business day domestic (CANADA and USA) and a 5 day (INTERNATIONAL) turn around time for shipping, we almost always get all our items shipped out on the next business day.

To be fair, I think eBay can program it's system so that if the buyer paid and the item goes out on the same or next day or within the sellers stated turn around time, that a buyer cannot leave slow shipping speed scores.

I don't think that's to difficult for them to do and I know that buyers blame sellers for shipping delays via the post or couriers even when the seller shipped out on the same or next day.

I would like to see changes made in this area as it is absolutely crucial.

Another change that should be made is on the shipping cost DSR score. Not all countries have the same shipping rates as the USA, but the whole system is geared based on USA shipping.

I use the shipping calculator on all my listings so that the buyer pays only the actual shipping cost plus a clearly stated .75 cent handling fee to cover the hidden costs of shipping like supplies, labels, ink, etc.

When sellers use the calculator, eBay through the PayPal shipping module, knows what the buyer was charged and what the seller paid and when the charge is accurate, then the buyer should not be able to leave a rating of shipping costs to much. I can't afford to ship for free. I can't get the price for my garments that I can get in a physical store and I sell very lovely quality items and eBay really needs to look at this area of DSRs also.

Maybe someone at Auctiva would care to make them listen to us sellers? We have valid issues that are constantly being ignored by the powers that be!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.